Building a budget gaming PC is always a challenge. It’s important to upgrade your rig once in a large while, in order to be able to run all the latest games and such. TechTage has come up with a budget build for its Indian readers whose primary interest is gaming.
Current Market Players:
The current desktop hardware market is ruled by a specific set of hardware. Intel is ruling the processor market with their Ivy Bridge (3rd gen. i-series) line-up, while AMD and nVidia are battling out to get hold of the major portion of the GPU market. A larger percentage of Indians are now aware of the benefits of having a ‘decent’ power-supply-unit, so PSUs from reputed brands like Corsair, Antec, Seasonic etc. are seeing an upsurge in sales. Seagate and Western Digital remain to be the big players of the Hard-Drive (storage) market.
- Processor: Intel Core i3 3220 (3.3 GHz) – Rs. 7201
- Motherboard: ASRock B75M-GL R2.0 – Rs. 4082
- RAM: G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB (F3-1600C11S-4GNT) – Rs. 1631
- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB (ST500DM002) – Rs. 3413
- GPU: Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777OC-1GD 1 GB GDDR5 – Rs. 8479
- PSU: Corsair VS450 – Rs. 2587
- Optical Drive: LG GH24NS71 – Rs. 1035
- Case: Cooler Master Elite 310 – Rs. 2131
Grand Total: Rs. 30,559